You'll need a pastry tube to make these delicious baked churros with chocolate Abuelita dipping sauce. Less fatty than frying, baking the churros before flash-broiling makes them crispy on the outside, perfect on the inside.
- 1 cup water
- 1 1/2 tablespoons NESCAFÉ Café de Olla Instant Coffee Beverage Granules OR NESCAFÉ CLÁSICO Pure Instant Coffee Granules
- 1/3 cup unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons packed light brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 large eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Abuelita Dipping Sauce (recipe follows)
Directions, Reviews, Nutrition
HEAT water, coffee granules, butter, brown sugar and salt in a medium saucepan over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until butter is melted and sugar is dissolved. Stir in flour with a wooden spoon until dough is smooth and pulls away from pan. Remove from heat.
MIX in eggs one at a time incorporating completely after each addition. Stir in vanilla extract.
TRANSFER dough to a resealable gallon-size plastic bag fitted with a star-shaped, size 7 pastry tube (such as Ateco or Wilton). Pipe dough into 4-inch long, 1-inch wide tubes on prepared baking sheet. Leave about 2 inches of space between the churros.
BAKE for 12 to 15 minutes or until slightly puffed and firm to the touch. Turn oven to broiler setting; broil for 2 minutes or until churros are slightly crispy. Remove from oven; transfer to wire rack.
COMBINE granulated sugar and cinnamon in a long dish. Roll churros in mixture. Serve warm with Abuelita Dipping Sauce.
ABUELITA DIPPING SAUCE
1 tablet NESTLÉ ABUELITA Chocolate OR 5 tablespoons NESTLÉ ABUELITA Granulated Chocolate Drink Mix
1/3 cup NESTLÉ LA LECHERA Sweetened Condensed Milk
2 tablespoons NESTLÉ® CARNATION® Evaporated Milk
HEAT Abuelita chocolate, sweetened condensed milk and evaporated milk in a small saucepan over low heat, stirring constantly, for about 5 minutes or until chocolate is completely dissolved. Serve warm.
- To make a kid-friendly version you can omit the coffee.
- If you don’t have a pastry tip you can cut a ½-inch corner from the bottom of a resealable gallon-size plastic bag and pipe dough. The churros won’t have ridges but they will still be delicious!
What did you think? Share Your Review »
Be the first to review this recipe!
Thank you for reviewing this recipe.
Serving Size: 1/16 of Recipe
Servings Per Recipe: 16
- Amount Per Serving
- Calories: 140
- Calories from Fat: 60
- Total Fat: 6g (10% of DV)
- Saturated Fat: 3.5g (18% of DV)
- Cholesterol: 50mg (17% of DV)
- Sodium: 95mg (4% of DV)
- Carbohydrates: 19g (6% of DV)
- Dietary Fiber: 0g (0% of DV)
- Sugars: 13g
- Protein: 3g
- Vitamin A: 4% of DV
- Vitamin C: 0% of DV
- Calcium: 4% of DV
- Iron: 4% of DV
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.