Coffee Meringue Nests with Chocolate Ice Cream
This recipe for Coffee Meringue Nests with Chocolate Ice Cream is a delicious dessert that is easy to prepare. The meringue nests can be made ahead of time so all that’s left to do is to top with a scoop of chocolate ice cream.
- 3/4 cup superfine sugar
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 2 teaspoons NESCAFÉ TASTER'S CHOICE 100% Pure Instant Coffee Granules or ground instant espresso
- 4 large egg whites, at room temperature
- 3/4 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 4 cups DREYER'S or EDY'S GRAND Chocolate Ice Cream
Directions, Reviews, Nutrition
COMBINE sugar, cornstarch and coffee granules in medium bowl; stir well.
BEAT egg whites in large mixer bowl until soft peaks form. Slowly add sugar mixture; continue to beat until glossy and stiff peaks have formed.
SPOON about ¼ cup mixture into mounds on prepared baking sheets. With back of spoon, create indent in the middle to hold the ice cream.
BAKE for 1 hour. Turn off oven; keep meringues in oven to dry out and cool for 1 hour. Remove from oven; cool completely.
TO SERVE, place meringues on dessert plates; top with chopped strawberries, if desired. Top with scoop of ice cream. Serve with a spoon.
What did you think? Share Your Review »
Be the first to review this recipe!
Thank you for reviewing this recipe.
Serving Size: 1/16 of Recipe
Servings Per Recipe: 16
- Amount Per Serving
- Calories: 110
- Calories from Fat: 30
- Total Fat: 3.5g (5% of DV)
- Saturated Fat: 2g (10% of DV)
- Cholesterol: 15mg (4% of DV)
- Sodium: 50mg (2% of DV)
- Carbohydrates: 18g (6% of DV)
- Dietary Fiber: 0.5g (2% of DV)
- Sugars: 17g
- Protein: 2g
- Vitamin A: 2% of DV
- Vitamin C: 0% of DV
- Calcium: 4% of DV
- Iron: 0% of DV
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.