Colorful Tuna Noodle Casserole
Green beans and chopped red or green peppers add a colorful twist to this Tuna Noodle Casserole. Rich in flavor and easy to make - this one is great for everyday meals.
- 3 cups dried medium egg noodles
- 1 cup frozen green beans
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 1 slice whole-grain bread, crumbled into coarse bread crumbs
- 2 teaspoons butter or margarine, melted
- 2 stalks celery, sliced
- 3/4 cup chopped red or green bell pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 can (12 fluid ounces) NESTLÉ® CARNATION® Evaporated Fat Free Milk
- 1 can (10 3/4 ounces) light condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 1 can (9 ounces) tuna packed in water, drained and flaked
Directions, Reviews, Nutrition
PREHEAT oven to 375° F. Spray 2-quart casserole dish with nonstick cooking spray. Coat bread crumbs with melted butter.
COAT large, nonstick skillet with nonstick cooking spray. Heat over medium-high heat. Add celery, bell pepper and onion. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 2 to 3 minutes or until crisp-tender. Stir in pasta, evaporated milk, soup and tuna; mix well. Cook for 2 minutes. Pour into prepared casserole dish. Sprinkle with bread crumbs.
BAKE for 20 to 25 minutes or until bubbly and bread crumbs are golden.
What did you think? Share Your Review »
Thank you for reviewing this recipe.
This was ok
The recipe was pretty good. I thought with all the ingredients it would have been better, but it was a little too bland. I would definitely add more spice or italian bread crumbs instead of just plain bread. I also used whole wheat egg noodles and that might have made it not as tasty.
Serving Size: 1/6 of Recipe
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- Calories: 258
- Calories from Fat: 53
- Total Fat: 6g (9% of DV)
- Saturated Fat: 1g (6% of DV)
- Cholesterol: 36mg (12% of DV)
- Sodium: 424mg (18% of DV)
- Carbohydrates: 25.5g (9% of DV)
- Dietary Fiber: 2g (9% of DV)
- Sugars: 5g
- Protein: 17g
- Vitamin A: 21% of DV
- Vitamin C: 66% of DV
- Calcium: 19% of DV
- Iron: 10% of DV
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.