Green beans and chopped red or green peppers add a colorful twist to this Tuna Noodle Casserole. Rich in flavor and easy to make - this one is great for everyday meals.
- 3 cups dried medium egg noodles
- 1 cup frozen green beans
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 1 slice whole-grain bread, crumbled into coarse bread crumbs
- 2 teaspoons butter or margarine, melted
- 2 stalks celery, sliced
- 3/4 cup chopped red or green bell pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 can (12 fluid ounces) NESTLÉ® CARNATION® Evaporated Fat Free Milk
- 1 can (10 3/4 ounces) light condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 1 can (9 ounces) tuna packed in water, drained and flaked
PREPARE pasta according to package directions, adding green beans during last 3 minutes of cooking. Drain; set aside.
PREHEAT oven to 375° F. Spray 2-quart casserole dish with nonstick cooking spray. Coat bread crumbs with melted butter.
COAT large, nonstick skillet with nonstick cooking spray. Heat over medium-high heat. Add celery, bell pepper and onion. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 2 to 3 minutes or until crisp-tender. Stir in pasta, evaporated milk, soup and tuna; mix well. Cook for 2 minutes. Pour into prepared casserole dish. Sprinkle with bread crumbs.
BAKE for 20 to 25 minutes or until bubbly and bread crumbs are golden.
Review This Recipe
This was ok
The recipe was pretty good. I thought with all the ingredients it would have been better, but it was a little too bland. I would definitely add more spice or italian bread crumbs instead of just plain bread. I also used whole wheat egg noodles and that might have made it not as tasty.