Colossal Ice Cream Sandwich makes a great finale at any party. Everyone loves ice cream and this is a fun way to serve it.
- 1/3 cup QUAKER OATS® (quick or old fashioned), uncooked
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1/3 cup peanut butter (not reduced fat)
- 1 tablespoon butter or margarine
- 1 cup (6 oz.) NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Semi-Sweet Chocolate Morsels
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter or margarine
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup Quaker® Oats (quick or old fashioned, uncooked)
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt (optional)
- 1 quart fat-free or low-fat vanilla ice cream or frozen yogurt, slightly softened
PREHEAT oven to 350° F. Line two 8 or 9-inch round cake pans with aluminum foil, allowing foil to extend over sides of pans. Spray with cooking spray.
COMBINE oats, flour and brown sugar in large bowl. Cut in peanut butter and butter with two knives until mixture is crumbly; set aside.
MELT morsels and butter in medium saucepan over low heat, stirring frequently. Remove from heat; cool slightly. Stir in sugar and vanilla extract. Add eggs; mix well. Add combined flour, oats, baking powder and salt; mix well. Divide batter evenly between pans. Sprinkle with reserved topping, patting gently.
BAKE for 22 to 24 minutes for 8-inch pan (20 to 22 minutes for 9-inch pan) or just until center of brownie is set. (Do not overbake.) Cool completely in pans on wire rack(s).
SPREAD softened ice cream evenly over one brownie while still in pan. Lift second brownie out of pan; remove foil. With topping side up, place brownie on top of ice cream, pressing gently. Cover and freeze several hours or overnight. Remove from freezer 10 to 15 minutes before cutting. Lift from pan using foil edges. Remove foil; cut into wedges. Individually wrap wedges and store in freezer.
Review This Recipe
Colossal good time
Used this at a recent get together of the neighborhood kids. What a hit! It was a great chance to introduce some of them to how much fun one can have in the kitchen.
Read More Reviews