This baked 'omelet' has a golden brown edge and a firm texture. Cheddar cheese, mushrooms and red bell pepper make this Confetti Frittata a hearty meal or a great side dish for a family meal!
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 8 large egg whites
- 4 large eggs
- 1 1/3 cups (3.2-oz. envelope) dry NESTLÉ® CARNATION® Instant Nonfat Dry Milk
- 2 cups (8 oz.) shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 cups (about 6 oz.) sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/2 cup finely chopped red bell pepper
- 2 medium sliced green onions
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
PREHEAT oven to 400° F. Spray 10-inch oven-proof skillet with nonstick cooking spray.
COMBINE egg whites, eggs and dry milk in medium bowl; mix thoroughly. Stir in cheese, mushrooms, bell pepper, green onions, salt and black pepper. Pour mixture in prepared skillet.
BAKE for 30 to 35 minutes or until set in center. Cool on wire rack for 5 minutes before cutting into wedges.
FOR A LOWER-FAT FRITTATA
Substitute two 8-ounce cartons of egg substitute and 2 cups reduced-fat cheddar cheese for egg whites, eggs and cheddar cheese.
Review This Recipe
A hit in my house
This was so good...I made it with egg substitute and my family never even knew! This recipe always turns out great.
Read More Reviews