Corn Cakes with Fresh Green Chile Salsa is a perfect addition to any Mexican style meal. Garnish with red onion, olives and lime, if desired.
- GREEN CHILE SALSA
- 6 to 8 (9 oz. total) tomatillos, husks removed and cut into quarters
- 1 small bunch fresh cilantro, rinsed and stems removed
- 3 to 4 green serrano chiles, stems removed and quartered
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 teaspoon MAGGI Granulated Chicken Flavor Bouillon
- CORN CAKES
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 1 1/2 cups canned whole-kernel corn, drained and coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup (about 2) seeded and diced plum tomatoes
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 large egg
- 2 tablespoons NESTLÉ® CARNATION® Evaporated Fat Free Milk
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
FOR GREEN CHILE SALSA:
PLACE tomatillos, cilantro, chiles, water and bouillon in food processor or blender; cover. Process until finely chopped.
FOR CORN CAKES:
SPRAY large skillet with nonstick cooking spray.
COMBINE corn, tomatoes, flour, egg, evaporated milk, cilantro, cumin and salt in medium bowl.
HEAT prepared skillet over medium heat. Drop corn mixture by large spoonfuls onto skillet, spreading slightly. Cook on each side for about 3 minutes or until golden brown. (Spray skillet with nonstick cooking spray between each batch.)
SERVE hot with Fresh Green Chile Salsa. Garnish with red onion, olives and lime, if desired.