Simple to prepare, this chowder has a rich flavor and interesting texture that make it enormously satisfying.
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 small onion, coarsely chopped
- 2 packages (16 ounces each) loose-pack frozen whole-kernel corn, thawed, divided
- 2 cups water
- 3 MAGGI Chicken Flavor Bouillon Cubes
- 1 can (12 fluid ounces) NESTLÉ® CARNATION® Evaporated Milk
- 1/2 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon chopped fresh rosemary plus small sprigs for garnish
Directions, Reviews, Nutrition
PLACE corn mixture in blender or food processor; blend until smooth. Return to saucepan. Stir in remaining corn, evaporated milk, bell pepper and rosemary. Cook, stirring frequently, for 10 minutes or until chowder is thick and bell pepper is tender. Season with salt and ground black pepper, if desired. Garnish with rosemary.
NOTE: For a Southwestern-style twist to this recipe, add 1 can (4 ounces) diced green chiles with the bell pepper. Eliminate rosemary; stir in 1 teaspoon chopped fresh cilantro. Garnish with cilantro leaves instead of rosemary.
What did you think? Share Your Review »
Thank you for reviewing this recipe.
Easy to please
This is a simple and fulfiling soup. Easy to please hungry little ones. Serve it with corn bread or sweet rolls.
New family favorite!
This is a new family favorite: fun to eat, quick to make, uses readily available ingredients, and very tasty. Thanks a million!
The servings of this soup are very large and very hearty. I added chopped turkey and it made a meal. My husband loved it, too!
I added crisp fried bacon and sauted onion in bacon fat, Well drained on paper towels.Add a sm amt.bacon fat and cubed potatoes to the creamed broth.a little pepper, no spices.My mother cooked it for us in the 30's & 40's.
My Family loved it!
I added a little bit of leftover chicken to it and really made a hearty dish.
Serving Size: 1/6 of Recipe
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- Calories: 240
- Calories from Fat: 70
- Total Fat: 8g (12% of DV)
- Saturated Fat: 3.5g (18% of DV)
- Cholesterol: 20mg (7% of DV)
- Sodium: 620mg (26% of DV)
- Carbohydrates: 39g (13% of DV)
- Dietary Fiber: 4g (16% of DV)
- Sugars: 12g
- Protein: 9g
- Vitamin A: 10% of DV
- Vitamin C: 35% of DV
- Calcium: 15% of DV
- Iron: 4% of DV
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.