This Corn Chowder with Bacon, Leeks and Potatoes makes a hearty meal and is perfect on a cold winter's night.
- 4 strips turkey bacon, diced
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 6 cups (about 5 medium) washed, trimmed, halved, sliced leeks (white and green parts)
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- 3 cups (about 1 1/2 pounds) diced red potatoes
- 2 cans (12 fl. oz. each) NESTLÉ® CARNATION® Evaporated Milk
- 2 cups water
- 4 teaspoons MAGGI Instant Chicken Flavor Bouillon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon water
- 2 teaspoons all-purpose flour
- 2 cups whole-kernel corn
PLACE bacon and oil in stockpot. Cook over medium heat, stirring frequently, for 2 to 4 minutes or until bacon is crisp. Add leeks and wine; cook, stirring occasionally, for 4 to 6 minutes or until leeks are tender.
ADD potatoes, evaporated milk, 2 cups water, bouillon and pepper; bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low; cook, stirring occasionally, for 15 to 18 minutes or until potatoes are tender.
MIX 1 tablespoon water and flour in small bowl. Add corn and flour mixture to stockpot; cook, stirring occasionally, for about 10 minutes.
PLACE about 3 cups soup in blender; cover. Carefully blend until smooth. Return blended soup to stockpot; stir.
Review This Recipe
Perfect on Cold Nights
Had this last night for dinner since it was so cold here. It certainly was the perfect dinner. The flavor was perfect!
Read More Reviews