This creamy corn chowder is a Latin American classic. The addition of poblano chiles gives the soup Mexican flair with a hint of zesty heat.
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 1 poblano chile, deveined, seeded and chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 2 pkgs. (16 oz. each) loose-pack frozen whole-kernel corn, thawed, divided
- 2 cups water
- 3 MAGGI Chicken Flavor Bouillon Cubes
- 1 can (12 fl. oz.) NESTLÉ® CARNATION® Evaporated Milk
- Salt and ground black pepper to taste (optional)
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley (optional)
HEAT vegetable oil in large saucepan over medium-high heat. Add onion, pepper, chile and garlic; cook, stirring occasionally, for 3 to 4 minutes or until tender. Add 4 cups corn; cook, stirring occasionally, for 4 to 5 minutes or until tender. Add water and bouillon; cook, stirring frequently, for 15 minutes or until corn is very soft.
PLACE corn mixture in blender or food processor (in batches if necessary); process until smooth. Return to saucepan. Stir in remaining corn and evaporated milk.
COOK for 5 to 10 minutes, stirring frequently, until chowder is thick. Season with salt and pepper. Garnish with parsley.
Review This Recipe
Corn Chowder with Poblano
This is a very delicious soup, with just the right degree of hotness to it. Great on these cold days.
Read More Reviews