Green chile peppers give this aromatic cornbread stuffing a little extra kick. Serve it as a side with your favorite poultry.
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) butter
- 2 cups chopped onion
- 1 cup sliced celery
- 2 cups water
- 1 can (16 ounces) corn, drained
- 2 cans (4 ounces each) diced green chiles
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 2 MAGGI Chicken Flavor Bouillon Cubes
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed dried oregano
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 6 cups crumbled cornbread *
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
Directions, Reviews, Nutrition
MELT butter in large skillet over low heat. Cook onion and celery, stirring occasionally, for 5 to 8 minutes or until tender. Add water, corn, chiles, parsley, bouillon, paprika, oregano and pepper; mix well. Add cornbread and nuts; mix well. Spoon into prepared baking dish; cover.
BAKE for 30 minutes or until heated through.
What did you think? Share Your Review »
Thank you for reviewing this recipe.
It's easy, but successful. Tastes I liked. Thanks. I also want to know how to make 'honey spread'. My way to do is melted butter and honey mixed. But I want more than that. I suppose something other ingredients needed. Thanks
New Family Staple
I made this for Thanksgiving one year about 5 years ago and I make it every year now. My family loves it so much that they often request it, even on days that we are not celebrating with a turkey! Love it! Easy and Delicious!
sounds GOOD to me. I'm going to use it for our Thanksgiving dinner
I sauteed 2c onion & 2c celery in 1c butter. I used 2TBS parsley flakes. I substituted poultry seasoning for the bouillion. I omitted the water, corn, green chiles & pecans. Used this with Stuffed Pork chops recipe. Was great.
Basic stuffing, but very tasty and simple to make.
Serving Size: 1/8 of Recipe
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- Calories: 330
- Calories from Fat: 150
- Total Fat: 17g (26% of DV)
- Saturated Fat: 6g (29% of DV)
- Cholesterol: 40mg (13% of DV)
- Sodium: 950mg (39% of DV)
- Carbohydrates: 40g (13% of DV)
- Dietary Fiber: 5g (20% of DV)
- Sugars: 9g
- Protein: 8g
- Vitamin A: 15% of DV
- Vitamin C: 130% of DV
- Calcium: 10% of DV
- Iron: 10% of DV
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.