Green chile peppers give this aromatic cornbread stuffing a little extra kick. Serve it as a side with your favorite poultry.
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) butter
- 2 cups chopped onion
- 1 cup sliced celery
- 2 cups water
- 1 can (16 ounces) corn, drained
- 2 cans (4 ounces each) diced green chiles
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 2 MAGGI Chicken Flavor Bouillon Cubes
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed dried oregano
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 6 cups crumbled cornbread *
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
PREHEAT oven to 350° F. Spray 2 1/2-quart baking dish with nonstick cooking spray. Set aside.
MELT butter in large skillet over low heat. Cook onion and celery, stirring occasionally, for 5 to 8 minutes or until tender. Add water, corn, chiles, parsley, bouillon, paprika, oregano and pepper; mix well. Add cornbread and nuts; mix well. Spoon into prepared baking dish; cover.
BAKE for 30 minutes or until heated through.
Review This Recipe
sounds GOOD to me. I'm going to use it for our Thanksgiving dinner
Read More Reviews