Country Pumpkin Chicken Chowder is hearty and delicious and easy to prepare, too.
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 8 ounces boneless, skinless chicken breast meat, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 3 1/2 cups warm water
- 1 can (15 ounces) LIBBY'S® 100% Pure Pumpkin
- 1/2 cup whole-kernel corn
- 1/4 cup long-grain white rice
- 4 MAGGI Vegetable Flavor Bouillon Cubes
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil leaves, crushed
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
HEAT oil in large saucepan over medium heat. Add chicken, onion, bell pepper and garlic; cook, stirring occasionally, until chicken is no longer pink.
STIR in water, pumpkin, corn, rice, bouillon, basil and pepper. Bring mixture to a boil. Reduce heat to low; cover. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 20 minutes or until rice is tender.
Review This Recipe
Tasty and Easy
Very easy to make this delicious and different chowder. Used ground chicken to save having to dice up chicken breasts which worked great. Tastes even better if given time over low heat for full flavor to develop. Will make again!
Read More Reviews