Country Pumpkin Chicken Chowder is hearty and delicious and easy to prepare, too.
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 8 ounces boneless, skinless chicken breast meat, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 3 1/2 cups warm water
- 1 can (15 ounces) LIBBY'S® 100% Pure Pumpkin
- 1/2 cup whole-kernel corn
- 1/4 cup long-grain white rice
- 4 MAGGI Vegetable Flavor Bouillon Cubes
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil leaves, crushed
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
HEAT oil in large saucepan over medium heat. Add chicken, onion, bell pepper and garlic; cook, stirring occasionally, until chicken is no longer pink.
STIR in water, pumpkin, corn, rice, bouillon, basil and pepper. Bring mixture to a boil. Reduce heat to low; cover. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 20 minutes or until rice is tender.
Review This Recipe
THIS IS A KEEPER
i MADE THIS AND WITH THE EXCEPTION OF PUTTING IN TURKEY BREAST INSTEAD OF CHICKEN AND A LITTLE MORE RED PEPPERS AND CHICKEN BROTH INSTEAD OF VEG.....FOLLOWED THE DIRECTIONS.. AND I HAVE TO SAY THE FAMILY LOVED IT..MY HUSBAND WAS SAYING THIS IS SO GOOD THROUGHOUT THE MEAL.... iT'S VERY NICE TO LOOK AT ALSO..... iT'S DEFINITELY A FALL IS HERE DISH!!!
Read More Reviews