Cranberry Raisinets Oatmeal Bars are just perfect for any occasion. Cinnamon and vanilla flavors add extra dimension to these bars. Great for snacks and picnics too!
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 1 1/2 cups whole-wheat or all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 3/4 cup (1 1/2 sticks) butter or margarine, softened
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 large egg
- 1 3/4 cups old-fashioned oats, divided
- 1/2 cup NESTLÉ RAISINETS Milk Chocolate-Covered Raisins
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
PREHEAT oven to 350° F. Spray 13 x 9-inch baking pan with nonstick cooking spray.
COMBINE flour, baking soda, cinnamon and salt in small bowl. Beat sugar, butter and vanilla extract in large mixer bowl until creamy. Beat in egg; gradually beat in flour mixture. Stir in 1 ½ cups oats. Spread into prepared baking pan. Sprinkle with Raisinets and dried cranberries; press into dough. Sprinkle with remaining ¼ cup oats.
BAKE for 20 minutes or until golden brown. Cool completely in pan on wire rack. Cut into bars.