- BREAD PUDDING
- 1 pound loaf multi-grain challah or other egg bread, cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 1 can (12 fluid ounces) NESTLÉ® CARNATION® Evaporated Milk
- 1 1/4 cups granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup water
- 4 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons dark rum (optional)
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2/3 cup (4 ounces) NESTLÉ RAISINETS Milk Chocolate-Covered Raisins
- CHOCOLATE SAUCE
- 1 cup (6 ounces) NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Semi-Sweet Chocolate Morsels
- 2/3 cup (5 fluid-ounce can) NESTLÉ® CARNATION® Evaporated Milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
FOR BREAD PUDDING:
PREHEAT oven to 400° F. Grease eight 6-ounce ramekins.
USE a 2 1/2-inch-round cookie cutter or glass to cut circles in bread slices (save remnants for another use). Place on ungreased baking sheet. Bake for 5 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from oven. Reduce oven temperature to 350° F.
COMBINE evaporated milk, sugar and water in medium, heavy-duty saucepan. Cook over low heat, stirring occasionally, until sugar is dissolved. Remove from heat. Whisk eggs in large bowl. Gradually whisk warm milk mixture into eggs. Stir in rum and vanilla extract.
PLACE prepared ramekins on baking sheet. Place one bread round in each ramekin. Top evenly with half of the Raisinets. Top each with another bread round, remaining Raisinets and remaining bread rounds. Divide custard mixture among ramekins. Let stand for 30 minutes, pressing down on bread occasionally.
BAKE for 25 to 27 minutes or until tops are puffed and brown. (Puddings will rise over edge of ramekin but shrink slightly on cooling.) Let cool on wire rack for 10 minutes. Serve with Chocolate Sauce.
FOR CHOCOLATE SAUCE:
COMBINE morsels and evaporated milk in small, heavy-duty saucepan. Cook over low heat, stirring frequently, until morsels are melted. Remove from heat; stir in vanilla extract. Makes about 1 cup. Store any remaining sauce tightly covered in refrigerator.
Review This Recipe
dlicios and easy making
Read More Reviews