Crazy Dipped Pretzel Rods
Crazy Dipped Pretzel Rods are fantastically easy and fun to make! Dip, dunk, drizzle and sprinkle as you please. These delicious sweetly salty snacks will have your family running back for more. Great to make any day of the year.
- 1 cup (6 oz.) NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Semi-Sweet Chocolate, Milk Chocolate or Premier White Morsels
- 1 tablespoon vegetable shortening
- 16 pretzel rods
- NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Semi-Sweet Chocolate Mini Morsels and/or sprinkles, (optional)
- Additional NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Morsels for drizzling, (optional)
Directions, Reviews, Nutrition
MICROWAVE 1 cup morsels and vegetable shortening in small, dry, uncovered, microwave-safe bowl on MEDIUM-HIGH (70%) power for 1 minute; STIR. The morsels may retain some of their original shape. If necessary, microwave at additional 10- to 15-second intervals, stirring just until morsels are melted.
DIP pretzel rods about 3 inches into melted morsels, tilting bowl to easily dip. Use side of bowl to remove excess. Sprinkle with morsels or sprinkles. Place on prepared baking sheet. Refrigerate for 20 minutes or until set. Store in airtight container at room temperature. Best when eaten within a few days.
FOR A FANCY DRIZZLE:
MICROWAVE 2 tablespoons of each desired morsel flavor in small, heavy-duty plastic bags on MEDIUM-HIGH (70%) power for 30 seconds; knead. Microwave at additional 10- to 15-second intervals, kneading until smooth. Cut tiny corner from each bag; squeeze to drizzle over already dipped pretzels on baking sheet. Refrigerate and store as directed above.
• Pretzels may be dipped and drizzled in any variety of melted morsels for different looks. For example, dip them in semi-sweet chocolate and drizzle them with melted white morsels. Or dip them in milk chocolate and drizzle them with melted semi-sweet chocolate.
• Above recipe can easily be doubled, but we do not recommend microwaving more than 2 cups (12 ounces) of morsels at one time.
What did you think? Share Your Review »
Thank you for reviewing this recipe.
I love chocolate covered pretzels. They are really easy and fun to make. It can get messy. I suggest doing it over wax or parchment paper. The kids love to help too!
Crazy for being so easy!
This recipe is so easy you can do it with your eyes closed! Well maybe with one eye closed. It is a wonderful sweet treat everyone will go CRAZY over. And they did. Thanks for the crazy recipe.
Thanks for this easy and delicious recipe. I needed a quick item to take to a party and I was able to use what I had on hand, which were semi-sweet morsels, pretzel twists and crumbled candy canes. Yum!!
this is a very yummy treat. i made it for my family for Christmas except i didn't use a recipe. its very easy and i think the recipe makes it hard.
These make a great Holiday gift
Serving Size: 1/16 of Recipe
Servings Per Recipe: 16
- Amount Per Serving
- Calories: 100
- Calories from Fat: 35
- Total Fat: 4g (6% of DV)
- Saturated Fat: 2g (10% of DV)
- Cholesterol: 0mg (0% of DV)
- Sodium: 200mg (8% of DV)
- Carbohydrates: 14g (5% of DV)
- Dietary Fiber: 1g (4% of DV)
- Sugars: 6g
- Protein: 2g
- Vitamin A: 0% of DV
- Vitamin C: 0% of DV
- Calcium: 0% of DV
- Iron: 2% of DV
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.