Cream Cheese Stuffed Pears
Elegant and simple to make, this dessert combines the delicate flavors of cream cheese-filled pears with chocolate and raspberry sauces.
- 2 cans (29 oz. each) pear halves in juice, drained
- 2 pkgs. (3 oz. each) cream cheese, softened
- 4 teaspoons granulated sugar
- CHOCOLATE SAUCE
- 1 can (12 fl. oz.) NESTLÉ® CARNATION® Evaporated Milk
- 2 cups (12-oz. pkg.) NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Semi-Sweet Chocolate Morsels
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 bottle raspberry juice or syrup (optional)
Directions, Reviews, Nutrition
PLACE pear halves, cut side down, on paper towels. Combine cream cheese and sugar in small bowl until smooth. Match pear halves by size. Spread about 1 rounded tablespoon cream cheese mixture on cut side of one pear half; press cut side of second pear half into cream cheese. Repeat with remaining pears. Cover; refrigerate for 15 minutes.
FOR CHOCOLATE SAUCE:
HEAT evaporated milk to boiling in medium, heavy-duty saucepan. Stir in morsels. Cook, stirring constantly, until mixture is slightly thickened and smooth. Remove from heat; stir in sugar, vanilla extract and salt.
PLACE pears in pool of raspberry sauce; drizzle with Chocolate Sauce.
What did you think? Share Your Review »
Thank you for reviewing this recipe.
Yummity Yum Yum!
Incredible dessert! This is a great combination of flavors!
These were great for a weeknight dessert. We very much enjoyed them.
This was soo easy to make, but yet so elegant and delicious, I tried a cinnamon cram cheese for the filling, it brought all the flavors together. Excellent!!!
cream cheese stuffed pears
Worth the time to make. These pears are sooo delicious. Fantastic enough for everyday, yet very elegant for special occassions. Make some today and enjoy!!
Cream cheese stuffed pears
The WOW factor in the recipe is enormous. This is a do again recipe.
Serving Size: 1/6 of Recipe
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- Calories: 467
- Calories from Fat: 206
- Total Fat: 22.9g (35% of DV)
- Saturated Fat: 12.5g (62% of DV)
- Cholesterol: 36mg (12% of DV)
- Sodium: 152mg (6% of DV)
- Carbohydrates: 63.8g (21% of DV)
- Dietary Fiber: 3.4g (14% of DV)
- Sugars: 26.2g
- Protein: 5.2g
- Vitamin A: 10% of DV
- Vitamin C: 7% of DV
- Calcium: 18% of DV
- Iron: 9% of DV
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.