Cream of Chicken and Vegetable Soup is ready in less than 30 minutes and makes a great choice for a cold day or night.
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) butter or margarine
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 can (12 fl. oz.) NESTLÉ® CARNATION® Evaporated Milk
- 1 package (16 oz.) frozen mixed vegetables, prepared according to package directions
- 2 (about 8 oz. total) boneless, skinless chicken breast halves, cooked and cubed
- 1 can (14.5 fl. oz.) chicken broth
- 1/4 teaspoon onion salt
MELT butter in medium saucepan over medium heat. Stir in flour. Gradually stir in evaporated milk. Cook, stirring constantly, until mixture comes to a boil. Add vegetables, chicken, broth and onion salt. Heat through.
NOTE: For a lower-fat version of this recipe, substitute NESTLÉ CARNATION Evaporated Lowfat 2% Milk and 1 can (14.5 fl. oz.) light or fat-free chicken broth. Proceed as above.
Review This Recipe
This receipe is awesome on a winter day sitting and watching tv...
Read More Reviews