This classic Cream of Mushroom Soup recipe fits well with almost any meal. Luscious and tasty mushrooms in a creamy rich sauce is hearty AND delicious.
- 2 cans (7 oz. net wt. each) mushroom stems and pieces, drained, liquid reserved
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) butter or margarine
- 2 tablespoons chopped onion
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1 can (12 fl. oz.) NESTLÉ® CARNATION® Evaporated Milk
CHOP mushrooms. Add water to mushroom liquid to make 2 cups.
MELT butter in large saucepan over medium heat. Add onion; cook for 1 to 2 minutes or until tender. Remove from heat. Stir in flour and seasoned salt; return to heat. Stir in mushroom liquid mixture, evaporated milk and mushrooms. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until mixture comes to a boil.
Review This Recipe
Cream of Mushroom Soup
I've always made cream of mushroom soup from scratch, chopping mushrooms, sauteeing, and then adding broth and heavy cream. It is heavenly. But, don't always have the time to prepare like that now and this isn't too bad as a substitute.
Read More Reviews