This classic Cream of Mushroom Soup recipe fits well with almost any meal. Luscious and tasty mushrooms in a creamy rich sauce is hearty AND delicious.
- 2 cans (7 oz. net wt. each) mushroom stems and pieces, drained, liquid reserved
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) butter or margarine
- 2 tablespoons chopped onion
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1 can (12 fl. oz.) NESTLÉ® CARNATION® Evaporated Milk
CHOP mushrooms. Add water to mushroom liquid to make 2 cups.
MELT butter in large saucepan over medium heat. Add onion; cook for 1 to 2 minutes or until tender. Remove from heat. Stir in flour and seasoned salt; return to heat. Stir in mushroom liquid mixture, evaporated milk and mushrooms. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until mixture comes to a boil.
Review This Recipe
Much better than canned
Great!! Even my 14 year old, who doesn't like mushrooms, loved this soup. Thanks for a soup my whole family loves. I will be using this recipe from now on. I'm also passing it on to all my friends who love to cook.
Read More Reviews