This classic Cream of Mushroom Soup recipe fits well with almost any meal. Luscious and tasty mushrooms in a creamy rich sauce is hearty AND delicious.
- 2 cans (7 oz. net wt. each) mushroom stems and pieces, drained, liquid reserved
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) butter or margarine
- 2 tablespoons chopped onion
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1 can (12 fl. oz.) NESTLÉ® CARNATION® Evaporated Milk
CHOP mushrooms. Add water to mushroom liquid to make 2 cups.
MELT butter in large saucepan over medium heat. Add onion; cook for 1 to 2 minutes or until tender. Remove from heat. Stir in flour and seasoned salt; return to heat. Stir in mushroom liquid mixture, evaporated milk and mushrooms. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until mixture comes to a boil.
Review This Recipe
A Taste of Home!
After a hard day's work, nothing was more rewarding than coming home to the delicious homemade Cream of Mushroom soup I made the night before. Who said we can't work and still have that taste of home cooking. This do ahead recipe fits into eyeryone's busy work week. Simply delicious!
Read More Reviews