Cream of Broccoli-Leek Soup
Garlic and thyme create additional flavor enhancements to this Cream of Broccoli and Leek soup.
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 2 pounds broccoli florets, stems trimmed and roughly chopped into 1-inch pieces
- 3 leeks, white part only, washed and sliced (about 1 cup total)
- 1 1/2 to 2 tablespoons finely chopped garlic
- 2 teaspoons MAGGI Instant Chicken Flavor Bouillon
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh thyme
- 3 cups water, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 cups packed spinach leaves
- 1 can (12 fluid ounces) NESTLÉ® CARNATION® Evaporated Fat Free Milk
Directions, Reviews, Nutrition
ADD remaining 2 cups water. Increase heat to medium-high. When mixture begins to boil, stir in spinach and cook for 1 minute or until wilted. Cool slightly. Transfer half of soup to blender; add half of evaporated milk. Cover and process until smooth. Transfer to bowl. Repeat with remaining soup and evaporated milk. Return soup to saucepan to heat through. Season to taste with salt and ground black pepper.
What did you think? Share Your Review »
Be the first to review this recipe!
Thank you for reviewing this recipe.
Serving Size: 1/6 of Recipe
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.