Cream of Mixed Vegetable Soup
Prepared in minutes, this delicious Cream of Mixed Vegetable Soup will delight family and friends alike.
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) butter or margarine
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 can (12 fl. oz.) NESTLÉ® CARNATION® Evaporated Milk
- 1 pkg. (16 oz.) frozen mixed vegetables, prepared according to package directions
- 1 can (14.5 oz.) vegetable broth
- 1/4 teaspoon onion salt
Directions, Reviews, Nutrition
What did you think? Share Your Review »
Thank you for reviewing this recipe.
I made this soup after taking a long walk on a cold winter afternoon. I used onion powder instead of salt, and ate it with some toasted, crusty Italian bread. Easy to make and very satisfying! I will definitely make this again.
This recipe was very easy to make and took no time at all. I added a few extra spices to the soup to increase the flavours as it did seem a bit bland.
cream of mixed vegetable soup
This soup was very good.I pureed 4 oz. of the mixed veg. with the broth before adding to soup base.It was creamy and delicious.I will make this again.
Warm Soup on a Cold night!
This was a great soup. The weather was cold, rainy, and it was just perfect with corn muffins.
I made this for my lunch today. The best. Not spicy but so yummy. I too did not use the onion salt but added real onions to the butter while the veggies were cooking and I added 1 rib of celery with leaves to the veggies while they cooked. Turned out great!
Serving Size: 1/6 of Recipe
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- Calories: 220
- Calories from Fat: 110
- Total Fat: 12g (18% of DV)
- Saturated Fat: 8g (38% of DV)
- Cholesterol: 40mg (13% of DV)
- Sodium: 500mg (21% of DV)
- Carbohydrates: 20g (7% of DV)
- Dietary Fiber: 3g (14% of DV)
- Sugars: 9g
- Protein: 7g
- Vitamin A: 70% of DV
- Vitamin C: 4% of DV
- Calcium: 15% of DV
- Iron: 4% of DV
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.