Cream of Mushroom Soup
This classic Cream of Mushroom Soup recipe fits well with almost any meal. Luscious and tasty mushrooms in a creamy rich sauce is hearty AND delicious.
- 2 cans (7 oz. net wt. each) mushroom stems and pieces, drained, liquid reserved
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) butter or margarine
- 2 tablespoons chopped onion
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1 can (12 fl. oz.) NESTLÉ® CARNATION® Evaporated Milk
Directions, Reviews, Nutrition
MELT butter in large saucepan over medium heat. Add onion; cook for 1 to 2 minutes or until tender. Remove from heat. Stir in flour and seasoned salt; return to heat. Stir in mushroom liquid mixture, evaporated milk and mushrooms. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until mixture comes to a boil.
What did you think? Share Your Review »
Thank you for reviewing this recipe.
Did not have canned mushrooms so used fresh and added veg broth for the water to make up the two cups. It was delicious!
Fresh Mushrooms are good too!
I added fresh mushrooms in as well and it came out great!
I may use this base for other vegetables too!
Session's Mushroom Soup Rating
One excellent soup! I love it. This soup is relatively simple to make.
Easy to make, made as is the first time, and will probably make some additions and substitutions the second time around!
Serving Size: 1/4 of Recipe
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- Calories: 260
- Calories from Fat: 163
- Total Fat: 18.1g (28% of DV)
- Saturated Fat: 11.1g (55% of DV)
- Cholesterol: 56mg (19% of DV)
- Sodium: 674mg (27% of DV)
- Carbohydrates: 17.9g (6% of DV)
- Dietary Fiber: 1.7g (7% of DV)
- Sugars: 0g
- Protein: 7.8g
- Vitamin A: 15% of DV
- Vitamin C: 3% of DV
- Calcium: 19% of DV
- Iron: 10% of DV
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.