Cream Soup with Potatoes and Cheese
This Cream Soup with Potatoes and Cheese is a perfect soup to try when you want to prepare something easy and delicious. This soup is hearty enough to be eaten as a meal or as an accompaniment to a main dish. Enjoy it one spoonful at a time!!
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 green bell or poblano peppers, chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 1/2 lbs. (2 large) potatoes, peeled and cut into 1-inch chunks
- 3 1/2 cups chicken broth, (two 14 1/2 oz. cans)
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour, dissolved in 1/2 cup water
- 2 cans (12 fl. oz. each) NESTLÉ® CARNATION® Evaporated Milk
- Salt and ground black pepper to taste
- 2 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 1 cup (4 oz.) shredded Chihuahua or cheddar cheese
Directions, Reviews, Nutrition
TO SERVE: Divide tomatoes and cheese among 8 bowls. Pour soup into bowls. Garnish with sliced green onions, chopped cilantro or parsley, if desired.
What did you think? Share Your Review »
Thank you for reviewing this recipe.
I tweaked a few things in the recipe, like switching the chicken broth for cream of potato, and putting carrots in the place of the peppers, but altogether the recipe was great and a hit with the potato-loving husband! Thanks
cream soup with potatoes and cheese
easy/yum-oo/ loved the soup // will make again..
cream soup with potatoes & cheese
DELICIOUS!! Rich, creamy, and hearty! Great anytime! Make & enjoy some today!
I made this soup in no time. It was so easy and very good. Although I left out the onions. Thank you for sharing this recipe.
Cream soup with potatoes and cheese
I have made this a couple of times, it is very good and easy to make, although the second time, I did not add the tomatoes, instead I added diced ham and also a shredded carrot while cooking the potatoes.
Serving Size: 1/8 of Recipe
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- Calories: 300
- Calories from Fat: 120
- Total Fat: 14g (21% of DV)
- Saturated Fat: 8g (38% of DV)
- Cholesterol: 45mg (15% of DV)
- Sodium: 650mg (27% of DV)
- Carbohydrates: 31g (10% of DV)
- Dietary Fiber: 6g (26% of DV)
- Sugars: 11g
- Protein: 12g
- Vitamin A: 15% of DV
- Vitamin C: 40% of DV
- Calcium: 35% of DV
- Iron: 6% of DV
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.