This Creamy Butternut Squash Soup is a great way to enjoy a truly wonderful fall staple and of course add some vegetables into your menu planning.
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 1/2 large yellow onion, chopped
- 6 cloves garlic, peeled and chopped
- 1 large (2 to 3 pounds) butternut squash, peeled, seeded and chopped into chunks
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 3 sprigs fresh tarragon
- 6 cups water
- 6 MAGGI Vegetable Flavor Bouillon Cubes
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 1/2 cups Original NESTLÉ COFFEE-MATE Liquid Coffee Creamer
MELT butter in large stockpot over medium heat. Add onion and garlic; cook, stirring frequently, for 4 to 6 minutes or until onion is translucent. Add squash, wine and leaves from tarragon sprigs; cook, stirring occasionally, for 3 minutes. Add water and bouillon; bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low; cook, stirring occasionally, for 10 to 15 minutes or until squash is soft.
TRANSFER small batches to blender or food processor*; cover with lid and then with kitchen towel. Blend until smooth. Place blended soup back in pot; add pepper. Stir in Coffee-mate; heat through before serving.
*Only blend small amounts of hot liquid in blender or food processor. Hot liquid expands during blending process increasing chance of liquid overflow.