Creamy Cheesy Mashed Potatoes
This Creamy Cheesy Mashed Potatoes recipe gets an extra flavor boost with the addition of evaporated milk and shredded cheddar cheese! Add green onions and crumbled bacon for an even heartier side dish.
- 6 medium (about 2 pounds total) potatoes, peeled and cut into 1-inch chunks
- 3/4 cup NESTLÉ® CARNATION® Evaporated Milk
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) butter or margarine
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
Directions, Reviews, Nutrition
RETURN potatoes to saucepan; add evaporated milk and butter. Beat with hand-held mixer until smooth. Stir in cheese. Season with salt and ground black pepper.
NOTE: Chopped green onions, chopped parsley or cooked, crumbled bacon may be added to mashed potatoes.
What did you think? Share Your Review »
Thank you for reviewing this recipe.
I need gluten-free recipes. This fills the bill; will stick to the ribs and taste great
I love this without the bacon; vegetarian, easy to make and you can eat the whole pot.
I thought this was a delicious way to have mashed potatoes. You could also pour potatoes after they were mashed into a casserole dish and sprinkle the cheese on top and bake in oven for 20 minutes and have a baked mashed potatoes dish. Very good also.
The only way to do it.
I've been making mashing potatoes like this for years and years. I'm happy to see it included here.
Serving Size: 1/6 of Recipe
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- Calories: 308
- Calories from Fat: 149
- Total Fat: 16.6g (26% of DV)
- Saturated Fat: 10.3g (52% of DV)
- Cholesterol: 50mg (17% of DV)
- Sodium: 239mg (10% of DV)
- Carbohydrates: 30.8g (10% of DV)
- Dietary Fiber: 2.4g (10% of DV)
- Sugars: 0g
- Protein: 10.2g
- Vitamin A: 12% of DV
- Vitamin C: 51% of DV
- Calcium: 29% of DV
- Iron: 14% of DV
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.