Creamy Chicken and Rice Bake is a quick and hearty meal for your family! Terrific to serve on a hectic day. Ready in just 1 hour.
- 1 can (12 fl. oz.) NESTLÉ® CARNATION® Evaporated Milk
- 1 pkg. (3 oz.) cream cheese, softened
- 1 can (10 3/4 fl. oz.) cream of chicken soup
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 bag (16 oz.) frozen broccoli, cauliflower and carrot medley, thawed
- 2 cups cubed, precooked chicken
- 1 1/2 cups uncooked instant white rice
- 1/2 cup (2 oz.) shredded cheddar cheese
PREHEAT oven to 350° F. Grease 13 x 9-inch baking dish.
COMBINE evaporated milk and cream cheese in baking dish with wire whisk until smooth. Add soup, water, garlic powder and pepper; mix well. Add vegetables, chicken and rice. Cover tightly with foil.
BAKE for 35 minutes. Uncover; top with cheese. Bake for an additional 10 to 15 minutes or until cheese is melted and mixture is bubbly. Let stand for 5 minutes before serving.
FOR FREEZE AHEAD:
PREPARE as above; do not bake. Do not top with cheddar cheese. Cover; freeze for up to 2 months. Thaw overnight in refrigerator.
PREHEAT oven to 350° F.
BAKE, covered, for 45 to 55 minutes. Uncover; top with cheddar cheese. Bake for an additional 10 to 15 minutes or until cheese is melted and mixture is bubbly. Let stand for 5 minutes before serving.
Review This Recipe
creamy chicken and rice bake
I made this recipe for my family renuion and it went fast because they realy enjoyed it and the kinds loved it.
Read More Reviews