Creamy Chicken with Corn and Poblano Chiles
Creamy Chicken with Corn and Poblano Chiles is a deliciously easy slow cooker recipe. Staple ingredients come together beautifully to make this filling dinner.
- 6-quart multi or slow cooker
- 1 cup NESTLÉ® CARNATION® Evaporated Lowfat 2% Milk
- 2 poblano chiles, seeded and cut into thin strips, divided
- 1 can (15.25 ounces) corn kernels, drained and rinsed, divided
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 6 to 8 (1 1/2 to 2 pounds total) chicken thighs, excess fat trimmed
- 1 small onion, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon MAGGI Granulated Chicken Flavor Bouillon
- 2 large cloves garlic, finely chopped
- Hot, cooked rice
Directions, Reviews, Nutrition
PLACE oil in multi cooker and set to high. Once hot, add chicken; cook on each side until browned. (If using a slow cooker, brown chicken in a large skillet.) Remove chicken and reserve.
ADD onion, remaining poblano chile strips, bouillon and garlic to cooker (or skillet); cook for 3 minutes or until onion is tender. Add chicken back to cooker (and onion mixture if using a skillet). Stir in evaporated milk mixture and remaining corn. Cover; cook on low for 4 hours or high for 2 hours. Serve with rice.
What did you think? Share Your Review »
Be the first to review this recipe!
Thank you for reviewing this recipe.
Serving Size: 1/5 of Recipe
Servings Per Recipe: 5
- Amount Per Serving
- Calories: 450
- Calories from Fat: 150
- Total Fat: 17g (26% of DV)
- Saturated Fat: 5g (25% of DV)
- Cholesterol: 85mg (28% of DV)
- Sodium: 920mg (38% of DV)
- Carbohydrates: 52g (17% of DV)
- Dietary Fiber: 3g (14% of DV)
- Sugars: 9g
- Protein: 24g
- Vitamin A: 35% of DV
- Vitamin C: 15% of DV
- Calcium: 15% of DV
- Iron: 20% of DV
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.