Creamy Chicken with Corn and Poblano Chiles is a deliciously-easy slow cooker recipe. Inexpensive common ingredients come together beautifully to make this satisfying dinner. Serve over rice.
- 6-quart multi or slow cooker
- 1 cup NESTLÉ® CARNATION® Evaporated Lowfat 2% Milk
- 2 poblano chiles, seeded and cut into thin strips, divided
- 1 can (15.25 ounces) corn kernels, drained and rinsed, divided
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 6 to 8 (1 1/2 to 2 pounds total) chicken thighs, excess fat trimmed
- 1 small onion, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon MAGGI Granulated Chicken Flavor Bouillon
- 2 large cloves garlic, finely chopped
- Hot, cooked rice
PLACE evaporated milk, half of poblano chile strips and half of corn in blender; cover. Blend until smooth; set aside.
PLACE oil in multi cooker and set to high. Once hot, add chicken; cook on each side until browned. (If using a slow cooker, brown chicken in a large skillet.) Remove chicken and reserve.
ADD onion, remaining poblano chile strips, bouillon and garlic to cooker (or skillet); cook for 3 minutes or until onion is tender. Add chicken back to cooker (and onion mixture if using a skillet). Stir in evaporated milk mixture and remaining corn. Cover; cook on low for 4 hours or high for 2 hours. Serve with rice.