This quick Creamy Corn Chowder with Basil will be a favorite and includes a bit of red bell pepper and fresh rosemary as well as the basil in the title. Your family will love it.
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 small onion, coarsely chopped
- 2 pkgs. (16 oz. each) loose-pack frozen whole-kernel corn, thawed, divided (about 6 cups)
- 2 cups water
- 3 MAGGI Chicken Flavor Bouillon Cubes
- 1 can (12 fl. oz.) NESTLÉ® CARNATION® Evaporated Milk
- 1/2 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon chopped fresh rosemary
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil
HEAT oil in large saucepan over medium-high heat. Add onion; cook, stirring occasionally, for 3 to 4 minutes or until tender. Add 4 cups corn; cook, stirring occasionally, for 4 to 5 minutes or until tender. Add water and bouillon; cook, stirring frequently, for 15 minutes or until corn is very soft.
PLACE corn mixture in blender or food processor; blend until smooth. Return to saucepan. Stir in remaining corn, evaporated milk, bell pepper and rosemary. Cook, stirring frequently, for 5 to 10 minutes or until chowder is thick and bell pepper is tender. Season with salt and ground black pepper, if desired. Garnish with basil.
Review This Recipe
Creamy and Tasty
I added a little evaporated milk in this recipe and it made it even more creamy....Yum!
Read More Reviews