This quick Creamy Corn Chowder with Basil will be a favorite and includes a bit of red bell pepper and fresh rosemary as well as the basil in the title. Your family will love it.
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 small onion, coarsely chopped
- 2 pkgs. (16 oz. each) loose-pack frozen whole-kernel corn, thawed, divided (about 6 cups)
- 2 cups water
- 3 MAGGI Chicken Flavor Bouillon Cubes
- 1 can (12 fl. oz.) NESTLÉ® CARNATION® Evaporated Milk
- 1/2 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon chopped fresh rosemary
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil
HEAT oil in large saucepan over medium-high heat. Add onion; cook, stirring occasionally, for 3 to 4 minutes or until tender. Add 4 cups corn; cook, stirring occasionally, for 4 to 5 minutes or until tender. Add water and bouillon; cook, stirring frequently, for 15 minutes or until corn is very soft.
PLACE corn mixture in blender or food processor; blend until smooth. Return to saucepan. Stir in remaining corn, evaporated milk, bell pepper and rosemary. Cook, stirring frequently, for 5 to 10 minutes or until chowder is thick and bell pepper is tender. Season with salt and ground black pepper, if desired. Garnish with basil.
Review This Recipe
This is the best Corn Chowder. It's easy to make and my family loved it. It also makes a great presentation and would make a great 1st course at any dinner party.
Read More Reviews