Creamy Crunchy Haystacks
Loaded with pretzels, almonds and coconut, these bite-size Creamy Crunchy Haystacks treats are hard to resist. Feeling creative? You could easily mix things up and incorporate some of your favorites for an extra-special anytime snack.
- 2 cups (12-oz. pkg.) NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Premier White Morsels
- 1 tablespoon vegetable shortening
- 1 cup pretzel sticks, broken into 1-inch pieces
- 1 cup almond slivers, toasted
- 1/2 cup unsweetened or sweetened flaked coconut, toasted
Directions, Reviews, Nutrition
DOUBLE BOILER METHOD:
COMBINE pretzel sticks, almonds and coconut in large bowl. Place morsels and shortening in top of double boiler over hot (not boiling) water. Do not cover. When most of the morsels are shiny, stir just until melted. (Prevent water from coming in contact with morsels.) Remove from heat. Pour melted morsels over pretzel mixture; toss until all ingredients are coated. Proceed as above.
FOR PEANUT BUTTER CRUNCHY HAYSTACKS:
SUBSTITUTE 3/4 cup creamy or crunchy peanut butter for the vegetable shortening. Proceed as above.
• If you do not have on hand or a preference for pretzel sticks, almonds and/or coconut, try using granola, popcorn, toasted rice cereal, pecans, macadamia nuts, peanuts, pistachios and/or crumbled shredded wheat cereal instead.
What did you think? Share Your Review »
Thank you for reviewing this recipe.
So easy to make and the taste was great. We could not stop eating these treats. I'll be making these again soon.
I made this recipe over the holidays, and they were quite the hit. I wanted to make a second batch but did not have any more white morsels. I substituted what I had, swirled milk chocolate and peanut butter morsels, and the haystacks turned out just as good. I've already had requests to make more of these tasty treats!
Easy, yummy, recipe for kids to make
These are easy for kids to make. Yummy and delicious. No time at all to throw together for a party or gathering!!!
This little treats were not only absolutely delicious and so easy to make, but very addictive. At more than one party I brought a bowl full and it was gone in no time! Great recipe!
Serving Size: 1/40 of Recipe
Servings Per Recipe: 40
- Amount Per Serving
- Calories: 90
- Calories from Fat: 45
- Total Fat: 5g (8% of DV)
- Saturated Fat: 3g (15% of DV)
- Sodium: 50mg (2% of DV)
- Carbohydrates: 10g (3% of DV)
- Sugars: 8g
- Protein: 2g
- Calcium: 2% of DV
- Iron: 2% of DV
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.