Full of flavor and rich in body, this deliciously nutritious Creamy Curried Soup with Wilted Spinach is the perfect start to any meal. Garnish with chopped peanuts or for a heartier version add pieces of shredded turkey or chicken.
- 1 can (15.5 ounces) garbanzo beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (12 fluid ounces) NESTLÉ® CARNATION® Evaporated Fat Free Milk
- 3/4 cup Apple NESTLÉ® JUICY JUICE® 100% Juice
- 3/4 cup water
- 1 1/2 to 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1/2 teaspoon MAGGI Granulated Chicken Flavor Bouillon
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon ground ginger
- 2 cups (about 2 ounces) spinach leaves, chopped
- Chopped peanuts (optional)
PLACE garbanzo beans, evaporated milk, Juicy Juice, water, curry powder, bouillon, garlic powder and ground ginger in blender; cover. Blend for 1 minute or until smooth.
POUR into medium saucepan. Add spinach; bring to a boil, stirring occasionally. Reduce heat to low; cook for 1 minute or until spinach is tender. Ladle into bowls; top each serving with peanuts.
COOKING TIP: For a heartier soup, add pieces of turkey in place of peanuts.
Review This Recipe
I thoroughly enjoyed the flavors in this soup. I did kick up the heat (spice) some, but it was really a very good meal. I've added it to my recipe box at home for a quick dinner idea.
Read More Reviews