Full of flavor and rich in body, this deliciously nutritious Creamy Curried Soup with Wilted Spinach is the perfect start to any meal. Garnish with chopped peanuts or for a heartier version add pieces of shredded turkey or chicken.
- 1 can (15.5 ounces) garbanzo beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (12 fluid ounces) NESTLÉ® CARNATION® Evaporated Fat Free Milk
- 3/4 cup Apple NESTLÉ® JUICY JUICE® 100% Juice
- 3/4 cup water
- 1 1/2 to 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1/2 teaspoon MAGGI Granulated Chicken Flavor Bouillon
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon ground ginger
- 2 cups (about 2 ounces) spinach leaves, chopped
- Chopped peanuts (optional)
PLACE garbanzo beans, evaporated milk, Juicy Juice, water, curry powder, bouillon, garlic powder and ground ginger in blender; cover. Blend for 1 minute or until smooth.
POUR into medium saucepan. Add spinach; bring to a boil, stirring occasionally. Reduce heat to low; cook for 1 minute or until spinach is tender. Ladle into bowls; top each serving with peanuts.
COOKING TIP: For a heartier soup, add pieces of turkey in place of peanuts.
Review This Recipe
A perfect fall recipe
This is a great and flavorful soup. We are trying every soup recipe on this website. Thanks.
Creamy Curried Soup with Wilted Spinach
This is so easy to make and my family absolutely loved it. I've made it four times already!
I thoroughly enjoyed the flavors in this soup. I did kick up the heat (spice) some, but it was really a very good meal. I've added it to my recipe box at home for a quick dinner idea.
The soup was very delicious! I added a can of pumpkin and it gave it a creamier texture. I will definitely make this soup again.
Delicious and easy-to-do
This recipe has a wonderful flavor and it's nice and creamy. Since I had some Nestle 2% evap. milk on hand, I used it, and was pleased with the results.
Won a "Hot Stuff" contest
The 4 judges determined this soup a winner. Unusual consistency. Interesting.