Creamy Dulce de Leche Coconut Sundae is a delicious, tropical-inspired treat. Topped with a Dulche de Leche and coconut cream sauce and toasted coconut, a bowl of plain chocolate ice cream is transformed into something really special.
- 1 can (13.4 ounces) NESTLÉ LA LECHERA Dulce de Leche
- 1 cup coconut cream (such as Coco Real or Coco Lopez)
- 1 container (1.5 quarts) DREYER'S or EDY'S GRAND Chocolate Ice Cream (about 1/3 cup per serving)
- 1 1/2 cups shredded sweetened or unsweetened coconut, toasted
- 3/4 cup sliced almonds, toasted
HEAT dulce de leche and coconut cream in medium saucepan over medium heat, stirring frequently, until heated through and completely smooth.
PLACE about 1/3 cup ice cream in serving bowl. Place 2 tablespoons warm sauce over ice cream. Sprinkle with 1 1/2 tablespoons coconut and about 2 teaspoons almonds.
NOTE: Cooled sauce may be stored covered in refrigerator for up to three days. Reheat sauce before serving.
COOK’S TIP: To toast coconut, spread unsweetened coconut shaving or sweetened shredded or flaked coconut in a large skillet. Cook over medium heat, stirring frequently with a wooden spoon, just until coconut begins to turn golden. Remove from heat. Allow to cool before use.