Creamy Lemon Bars
Lemon bars are a great tangy treat, perfect for summer or anytime of year. Sweetened condensed milk adds creaminess, and vanilla cookies make a perfect crust.
- 2 1/2 cups finely crushed Maria cookies
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter, melted
- 1 can (14 ounces) NESTLÉ LA LECHERA Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 4 large eggs
- 2/3 cup lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 4 drops yellow food coloring (optional)
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon peel
- Sifted powdered sugar (optional)
Directions, Reviews, Nutrition
COMBINE cookie crumbs and butter in medium bowl. Press lightly onto bottom and halfway up sides of ungreased 13 x 9-inch baking pan.
BAKE for 10 minutes.
BEAT sweetened condensed milk and eggs in large mixer bowl until fluffy. Beat in lemon juice, flour, baking powder, salt and food coloring just until blended. Fold in grated lemon peel; pour over crust.
BAKE for 20 to 25 minutes or until filling is set and crust is golden brown. Cool in pan on wire rack. Refrigerate for 2 hours. Cut into bars; sprinkle with powdered sugar.
What did you think? Share Your Review »
Be the first to review this recipe!
Thank you for reviewing this recipe.
Serving Size: 1/48 of Recipe
Servings Per Recipe: 48
- Amount Per Serving
- Calories: 100
- Calories from Fat: 50
- Total Fat: 6g (9% of DV)
- Saturated Fat: 3.5g (17% of DV)
- Cholesterol: 30mg (10% of DV)
- Sodium: 85mg (3% of DV)
- Carbohydrates: 11g (4% of DV)
- Dietary Fiber: 0g (0% of DV)
- Sugars: 7g
- Protein: 2g
- Vitamin A: 4% of DV
- Vitamin C: 2% of DV
- Calcium: 4% of DV
- Iron: 0% of DV
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.