This Creamy Parmesan Romaine salad is great with just about any meal and easy to make, too!
- 2 slices whole-wheat bread (about 2 ounces total), cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 8 cups chopped romaine lettuce
- 1 cup sliced cucumber
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced red onion
- 3 tablespoons Original NESTLÉ COFFEE-MATE Liquid Coffee Creamer
- 2 tablespoons fat free sour cream
- 1 1/2 tablespoons light mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons BUITONI Refrigerated Freshly Shredded Parmesan Cheese (5 oz.)
- 1 1/2 to 2 teaspoons cider vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
PREHEAT oven to 350° F.
PLACE bread cubes in single layer on large baking sheet. Bake for 12 minutes or until lightly golden. Remove from oven; cool completely.
PLACE lettuce, cucumber and onion in large bowl; set aside.
COMBINE Coffee-mate, sour cream, mayonnaise, cheese, vinegar, salt and pepper in small bowl; stir until completely blended. Add to lettuce mixture; toss gently, yet thoroughly, to coat completely. Add bread cubes; toss gently.
Review This Recipe
Creamy Parmesan Romaine
Excellent! Awesome flavor!
Love the crispy, crunch factor of this bright and yummy salad!
Tried with a combination of whole wheat and rye for the croutons. More flavor.
just a salad variation. do not consider it recipe. however a good suggestion
the ingredients are simple but an appetizing mixture of course.
I thought this was very good but I wondered where the garlic was. I didn't see it in the ingredients.
Delicious and fresh!
I needed to make a double batch. I was gone before I could get a bite. Very Good. Very Easy!