Creamy Poblano Rice with Chicken
Creamy Poblano Rice with Chicken will jazz up your chicken and rice with its wonderful combination of flavors. Your guests and family will come back for more!
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil, divided
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 small poblano chile pepper, finely chopped
- 2 (about 8 ounces total) boneless, skinless chicken breast halves, cut into bite-size pieces
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes or paprika (optional)
- 1 cup uncooked medium or short grain rice
- 3 1/2 cups chicken broth
- 1 can (12 fluid ounces) NESTLÉ® CARNATION® Evaporated Milk
- 1 can (4 ounces) mushroom pieces, drained
Directions, Reviews, Nutrition
HEAT remaining oil in same saucepan over medium heat. Add rice; stir to coat well. Microwave broth in 1-quart microwave-safe measuring cup on HIGH (100%) power for 3 1/2 to 4 minutes or until very hot.
ADD hot broth to rice small amounts at a time, stirring constantly. Allow each addition of broth to be absorbed before adding more. Once broth is gone, add evaporated milk in the same manner, stirring until absorbed. The process will take between 25 to 35 minutes. When the rice soft, stir in reserved chicken mixture and mushrooms. Rice should be creamy, not soupy.
What did you think? Share Your Review »
Thank you for reviewing this recipe.
Don't Be fooled by the Low calorie remark next to the recipe this has 24 Grams of Fat you can make subsitutions to lower the fat and calories
Made this dish for dinner to night. Was very SUPRIZED with the flavoring and the texture of the dish. The rice is a little time intensive. But well worth it. I would so make this dish again.
This dish is so delicious! It's a little time-intensive because of the way the liquids are added to the rice but it's so worth it. I just made it three days ago and it's already on the menu again for this weekend. It's got a nice little kick to it and the tiniest hint of sweetness to balance it out. TRY THIS ONE!
CREAMY POBLANO RICE W/CHICKEN
THIS DISH WAS PREPARED FOR MY FAMILY RECENTLY AND WAS GIVEN RAVE REVIEWS. THE PEPPERS WERE SLIGHTLY HOT IN FLAVOR WHICH ONLY ADDED TO THE OVERALL RECIPE. THIS WILL MAKE A REPEAT APPEARANCE AT OUR TABLE.
really good and easy
My husband and I loved this recipe. I used Risotto rice and made it just like I was making Risotto. It was so rich and creamy. I will be making this again.
Serving Size: 1/4 of Recipe
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- Calories: 520
- Calories from Fat: 220
- Total Fat: 24g (37% of DV)
- Saturated Fat: 8g (41% of DV)
- Cholesterol: 70mg (23% of DV)
- Sodium: 1060mg (44% of DV)
- Carbohydrates: 54g (18% of DV)
- Dietary Fiber: 3g (10% of DV)
- Sugars: 11g
- Protein: 21g
- Vitamin A: 15% of DV
- Vitamin C: 2% of DV
- Calcium: 25% of DV
- Iron: 15% of DV
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.