Creamy Potato Soup is perfect for cool, Fall or Winter evenings. This thick and hearty soup offers robust flavor and comforting warmth the whole family will enjoy.
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 1/2 pounds (2 large) potatoes, peeled and cut into 1/4-inch cubes
- 3 1/2 cups water
- 4 teaspoons MAGGI Instant Chicken Flavor Bouillon
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour, dissolved in 1/4 cup water
- 1 can (12 fluid ounces) NESTLÉ® CARNATION® Evaporated Milk
- Cooked and crumbled bacon (optional)
- Sliced green onions (optional)
HEAT oil in large saucepan over medium heat. Add chopped onion; cook, stirring occasionally, for 1 to 2 minutes or until tender. Add potatoes, water and bouillon; bring to a boil. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 15 minutes or until tender.
STIR in flour mixture; continue cooking for 2 minutes. Stir in evaporated milk. Bring to a boil, stirring occasionally. Top each serving with bacon and green onions.
VARIATION: If you’d like a richer soup, reduce flour to 2 tablespoons and use 1 can (7.6 fluid ounces) NESTLÉ Media Crema in place of evaporated milk.
Review This Recipe
this soup is so delicious and perfect for a cold night
Read More Reviews