Creamy Potato Soup is perfect for cool, Fall or Winter evenings. This thick and hearty soup offers robust flavor and comforting warmth the whole family will enjoy.
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 1/2 pounds (2 large) potatoes, peeled and cut into 1/4-inch cubes
- 3 1/2 cups water
- 4 teaspoons MAGGI Instant Chicken Flavor Bouillon
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour, dissolved in 1/4 cup water
- 1 can (12 fluid ounces) NESTLÉ® CARNATION® Evaporated Milk
- Cooked and crumbled bacon (optional)
- Sliced green onions (optional)
HEAT oil in large saucepan over medium heat. Add chopped onion; cook, stirring occasionally, for 1 to 2 minutes or until tender. Add potatoes, water and bouillon; bring to a boil. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 15 minutes or until tender.
STIR in flour mixture; continue cooking for 2 minutes. Stir in evaporated milk. Bring to a boil, stirring occasionally. Top each serving with bacon and green onions.
VARIATION: If you’d like a richer soup, reduce flour to 2 tablespoons and use 1 can (7.6 fluid ounces) NESTLÉ Media Crema in place of evaporated milk.
Review This Recipe
This is like the easiest and most delicious recipe made on the face of the earth. It's perfect for those cold days or just when you want something nice and creamy.
Read More Reviews