Creamy Pumpkin Soup makes a great first course for a Thanksgiving meal or Fall and Winter entertaining.
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) butter or margarine
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons packed brown sugar
- 1 can (14 1/2 fluid ounces) chicken broth
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 teaspoon salt (optional)
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 can (15 ounces) LIBBY'S® 100% Pure Pumpkin
- 1 can (12 fluid ounces) NESTLÉ® CARNATION® Evaporated Milk
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
MELT butter in large saucepan over medium heat. Add onion, garlic and sugar; cook for 1 to 2 minutes or until soft. Add broth, water, salt and pepper; bring to a boil, stirring occasionally. Reduce heat to low; cook, stirring occasionally, for 15 minutes. Stir in pumpkin, evaporated milk and cinnamon. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes. Remove from heat.
TRANSFER mixture to food processor or blender (in batches, if necessary); process until smooth. Return to saucepan. Serve warm.
Review This Recipe
I just tried this soup. I found it to be quite good. Took some to work and a coworker tried it and she also found it to be delicious. Great recipe.
Read More Reviews