Creamy Pumpkin Soup
Creamy Pumpkin Soup makes a great first course for a Thanksgiving meal or Fall and Winter entertaining.
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) butter or margarine
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons packed brown sugar
- 1 can (14 1/2 fluid ounces) chicken broth
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 teaspoon salt (optional)
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 can (15 ounces) LIBBY'S® 100% Pure Pumpkin
- 1 can (12 fluid ounces) NESTLÉ® CARNATION® Evaporated Milk
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
Directions, Reviews, Nutrition
TRANSFER mixture to food processor or blender (in batches, if necessary); process until smooth. Return to saucepan. Serve warm.
What did you think? Share Your Review »
Thank you for reviewing this recipe.
VERY GOOD !!!
This recipe is so easy!!!! This was my first time trying pumpkin soup and I really enjoyed it! I think I used to much onion or didn't let it cook long enough (like another reviewer said) and I still liked it. I'm the only pumpkin eater in the house (unless it's pumpkin muffins) so I'll freeze the leftovers for a quick lunch!!!! Can;t wait to try some of the modifications other reviewers suggested! No gluten - which is great!!! Thank you for a wonderful recipe!
Perfect Fall Meal
I tried something similar to this in Australia. I searched for years to try find like what I had tasted. After many trail and error, endured by my family, LOL, I have found the best tasting Pumpkin soup in the states!!
I think that I added too much brown sugar. A little too sweet for a soup....(my fault) yet, I liked it. Next time, I won't be so heavy handed on the ingredients....:)
My family and I LOVE pumpkin but we all disliked this soup. Can't pinpoint it but it just didn't taste right.
Creamy Pumpkin Soup
My kids have been obsessed with pumpkin for the last few weeks, so everything I've been cooking has to have pumpkin, this soup was a hit!!!
Serving Size: 1/5 of Recipe
Servings Per Recipe: 5
- Amount Per Serving
- Calories: 230
- Calories from Fat: 140
- Total Fat: 15g (24% of DV)
- Saturated Fat: 10g (48% of DV)
- Cholesterol: 50mg (16% of DV)
- Sodium: 490mg (20% of DV)
- Carbohydrates: 17g (6% of DV)
- Dietary Fiber: 4g (15% of DV)
- Sugars: 12g
- Protein: 7g
- Vitamin A: 220% of DV
- Vitamin C: 2% of DV
- Calcium: 20% of DV
- Iron: 4% of DV
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.