Creamy Rice & Mushroom Bake
Take this Creamy Rice & Mushroom Bake side dish to your next party!
- 2 tablespoons margarine
- 3 cups (about 8 oz.) mushrooms, sliced
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 pkgs. (3 oz. each) Neufchâtel cream cheese, softened
- 2 large eggs
- 1 can (12 fl. oz.) NESTLÉ® CARNATION® Evaporated Lowfat 2% Milk
- 3 teaspoons dried parsley flakes or 3 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 3 cups cooked rice
Directions, Reviews, Nutrition
MELT margarine in large skillet over medium heat. Add mushrooms, onion, garlic and Worcestershire sauce; cook, stirring occasionally, for 3 to 4 minutes or until mushrooms are soft. Beat cream cheese and eggs in large mixer bowl until creamy. Mix in evaporated milk, parsley, salt, and pepper. Stir in rice and mushroom mixture. Pour into prepared casserole dish.
BAKE for 35 to 40 minutes or until set and light brown around edges.
What did you think? Share Your Review »
Thank you for reviewing this recipe.
A new family favorite
I used this as a side dish last night and family loved it! It's a keeper....a new family favorite.
perfect side dish for poultry, pork or beef.
Great side dish with Chicken!
I made this last night and my "picky eater husband" loved it. He swears he hates cream cheese. He never knew he was eating cream cheese! Ya'll let me fool him so easy with your recipes. Thank-you!
this was good kinda like broccoli and rice with out the broccoli
Great Side Dish!
Everyone was taking in food to a local family that had experienced a loss. People have been taking food in for support of the family, & I didn't want to take in "the same". This is a great side dish, everyone loves rice & mushrooms!
Serving Size: 1/6 of Recipe
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- Calories: 310
- Calories from Fat: 120
- Total Fat: 13g (20% of DV)
- Saturated Fat: 8g (40% of DV)
- Cholesterol: 110mg (37% of DV)
- Sodium: 820mg (34% of DV)
- Carbohydrates: 36g (12% of DV)
- Dietary Fiber: 1g (5% of DV)
- Sugars: 7g
- Protein: 12g
- Vitamin A: 15% of DV
- Vitamin C: 2% of DV
- Calcium: 20% of DV
- Iron: 10% of DV
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.