Take this Creamy Rice & Mushroom Bake side dish to your next party!
- 2 tablespoons margarine
- 3 cups (about 8 oz.) mushrooms, sliced
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 pkgs. (3 oz. each) Neufchâtel cream cheese, softened
- 2 large eggs
- 1 can (12 fl. oz.) NESTLÉ® CARNATION® Evaporated Lowfat 2% Milk
- 3 teaspoons dried parsley flakes or 3 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 3 cups cooked rice
PREHEAT oven to 350º F. Grease 11 x 7-inch baking dish.
MELT margarine in large skillet over medium heat. Add mushrooms, onion, garlic and Worcestershire sauce; cook, stirring occasionally, for 3 to 4 minutes or until mushrooms are soft. Beat cream cheese and eggs in large mixer bowl until creamy. Mix in evaporated milk, parsley, salt, and pepper. Stir in rice and mushroom mixture. Pour into prepared casserole dish.
BAKE for 35 to 40 minutes or until set and light brown around edges.
Review This Recipe
creamy rice & Mushroom bake
I made this last night with regular cream cheese as i could not find NEUFCHATEL cream cheese asdn have no idea what it is. This recipe was pretty good. I was skeptical after reading some negative reviews, but after making it and tasting it, I do not understand why it got negative reviews. This was a nice side dish. We had it with roasted chicken. PERFECT!
Read More Reviews