Take this Creamy Rice & Mushroom Bake side dish to your next party!
- 2 tablespoons margarine
- 3 cups (about 8 oz.) mushrooms, sliced
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 pkgs. (3 oz. each) Neufchâtel cream cheese, softened
- 2 large eggs
- 1 can (12 fl. oz.) NESTLÉ® CARNATION® Evaporated Lowfat 2% Milk
- 3 teaspoons dried parsley flakes or 3 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 3 cups cooked rice
PREHEAT oven to 350º F. Grease 11 x 7-inch baking dish.
MELT margarine in large skillet over medium heat. Add mushrooms, onion, garlic and Worcestershire sauce; cook, stirring occasionally, for 3 to 4 minutes or until mushrooms are soft. Beat cream cheese and eggs in large mixer bowl until creamy. Mix in evaporated milk, parsley, salt, and pepper. Stir in rice and mushroom mixture. Pour into prepared casserole dish.
BAKE for 35 to 40 minutes or until set and light brown around edges.
Review This Recipe
Great Side Dish!
Everyone was taking in food to a local family that had experienced a loss. People have been taking food in for support of the family, & I didn't want to take in "the same". This is a great side dish, everyone loves rice & mushrooms!
Read More Reviews