Creamy pudding with tender, sweet dried fruit and just a hint of nutmeg.
- 1 1/3 cups water
- 2/3 cup long-grain white rice
- 1 can (12 fl. oz.) NESTLÉ® CARNATION® Evaporated Milk
- 1/2 cup raisins, dried cranberries and/or dried cherries
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
PLACE water and rice in medium saucepan; bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low; cover. Cook for 12 to 15 minutes or until liquid is absorbed.
STIR in evaporated milk, raisins, sugar, vanilla extract, nutmeg and salt; bring to a boil. Stir a portion of rice mixture into the eggs. Add egg mixture to rice mixture; mix well with wire whisk. Bring to a boil. Cook, stirring constantly, for 2 minutes. Serve warm or chilled.
FOR COCONUT RICE PUDDING:
SUBSTITUTE ½ cup toasted or untoasted flaked coconut for raisins.
Review This Recipe
Rice cooker method
I just cooked the rice in the rice cooker then added the other ingredients and let it cook till done. Yummy and easy
Read More Reviews