The delicate aroma and flavor of the roasted peppers provide a special twist to this easy soup. Perfect to serve as a first course or a light meal, it will please and satisfy all your dinner guests.
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) butter or margarine, divided
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 1 jar (12 oz.) roasted red peppers, drained, seeds removed
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 can (12 fl. oz.) NESTLÉ® CARNATION® Evaporated Milk
- 1 can (14.5 fl. oz.) vegetable broth
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
MELT 2 tablespoons butter in medium saucepan over medium heat. Add onion and garlic; cook, stirring occasionally, for 1 to 2 minutes or until onion is tender. Transfer onion mixture to blender. Add red peppers; cover. Blend until smooth.
MELT remaining 2 tablespoons butter in same saucepan. Stir in flour. Gradually stir in evaporated milk and broth. Cook, stirring constantly, until mixture comes to a boil. Stir in red pepper mixture, salt and pepper. Heat through.
Review This Recipe
Hit of the family!
My whole family has been looking for this recipe. A local resturant serves it and we all loved it but wanted to be able to make it at home. And this recipe tastes just like it and it is easy! Thanks!
Read More Reviews