Creamy Shrimp Tacos are a healthier version of regular beef and cheese tacos. The chopped fresh habanero gives an exciting kick of heat. These are perfect for entertaining as well.
- 2 teaspoons butter
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 2 large cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 fresh habanero chile, seeds removed, chopped
- 1 pound medium shrimp, tails removed, deveined, chopped if desired
- 2/3 cup (5 fluid-ounce can) NESTLÉ® CARNATION® Evaporated Lowfat 2% Milk
- 1/2 teaspoon MAGGI Granulated Chicken Flavor Bouillon
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch, dissolved in 2 tablespoons water
- 8 corn tortillas, warmed over an open flame
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh Italian parsley
- 1 tablespoon chopped onion
MELT butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Add ½ cup onion, garlic and chile. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 3 to 5 minutes or until onion is tender. Add shrimp; cook, stirring occasionally, for 2 to 3 minutes or until shrimp turn pink.
STIR in evaporated milk and bouillon. Cook for 2 minutes or until hot. Stir in cornstarch mixture. Cook, stirring frequently, for 2 to 3 minutes or until sauce thickens.
FILL each tortilla with about 1/3 cup shrimp mixture. Sprinkle with parsley and 1 tablespoon chopped onion.