Creamy Shrimp Tacos
Creamy Shrimp Tacos are a healthier version of regular beef and cheese tacos. The chopped fresh habanero gives an exciting kick of heat. These are perfect for entertaining as well.
- 2 teaspoons butter
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 2 large cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 fresh habanero chile, seeds removed, chopped
- 1 pound medium shrimp, tails removed, deveined, chopped if desired
- 2/3 cup (5 fluid-ounce can) NESTLÉ® CARNATION® Evaporated Lowfat 2% Milk
- 1/2 teaspoon MAGGI Granulated Chicken Flavor Bouillon
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch, dissolved in 2 tablespoons water
- 8 corn tortillas, warmed over an open flame
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh Italian parsley
- 1 tablespoon chopped onion
Directions, Reviews, Nutrition
STIR in evaporated milk and bouillon. Cook for 2 minutes or until hot. Stir in cornstarch mixture. Cook, stirring frequently, for 2 to 3 minutes or until sauce thickens.
FILL each tortilla with about 1/3 cup shrimp mixture. Sprinkle with parsley and 1 tablespoon chopped onion.
What did you think? Share Your Review »
Be the first to review this recipe!
Thank you for reviewing this recipe.
Serving Size: 1/8 of Recipe
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- Calories: 150
- Calories from Fat: 25
- Total Fat: 3g (5% of DV)
- Saturated Fat: 1g (6% of DV)
- Cholesterol: 90mg (31% of DV)
- Sodium: 220mg (9% of DV)
- Carbohydrates: 17g (6% of DV)
- Dietary Fiber: 2g (6% of DV)
- Sugars: 3g
- Protein: 15g
- Vitamin A: 6% of DV
- Vitamin C: 6% of DV
- Calcium: 15% of DV
- Iron: 10% of DV
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.