Mashed potatoes are always made rich & delicious with Carnation, but this version of Creamy Smashed Red Potatoes with Cheese is made extra special with skin-on red potatoes and a touch of cheese for added flavor.
- 3 lbs. red new potatoes, unpeeled, cut into quarters
- 1 cup or more NESTLÉ® CARNATION® Evaporated Lowfat 2% Milk
- 2 tablespoons butter, cut into pieces
- 3/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese blend
- Salt and ground black pepper to taste
PLACE potatoes in large saucepan. Cover with water; bring to a boil. Cook over medium-high heat for 15 to 20 minutes or until potatoes are tender; drain.
RETURN potatoes to saucepan. Beat with hand-held mixer for a few seconds to break up. Add evaporated milk and butter; beat until milk and butter are mixed in (some lumps will still be present). Add additional evaporated milk, if a smoother consistency is desired. Stir in cheese. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
Review This Recipe
creamy smashed red potatoes with cheese
my whole family just loved the variation on mashed and i was thrilled. it is hard to imagine a meal with plain mashed now.
Read More Reviews