Serve this amazing Creamy Tequila Tomato Sauce over pasta to create a main entrée that will be remembered. Garnish with chopped parsley or your choice of herbs to add a color accent if desired. This recipe is an excellent choice for weekend entertaining. Ready in less than 30 minutes.
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1/2 onion, finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 1 can (15 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1/4 cup tequila
- 1 teaspoon MAGGI Granulated Chicken Flavor Tomato Bouillon
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 can (7.6 fluid ounces) NESTLÉ Media Crema
- Hot, cooked pasta
HEAT oil in medium saucepan over medium heat. Cook onion and garlic for 5 minutes or until onion is tender. Add tomato sauce, tequila, bouillon and chili powder. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low; cook, stirring occasionally, for 5 to 7 minutes or until sauce is thickened. Add media crema; heat for 30 seconds. Serve over pasta. Garnish with parsley, if desired.