Quick and easy classic Creamy Tomato Tortellini Soup complements a meal, or is perfect by itself.
- 1 package (9 ounces) BUITONI Refrigerated Three Cheese Tortellini, prepared according to package directions
- 2 cans (10 3/4 fluid ounces each) condensed tomato soup
- 2 soup cans milk
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed basil
- BUITONI Refrigerated Freshly Shredded Parmesan Cheese
COMBINE pasta, soup, milk and basil in medium saucepan. Bring to a boil over medium heat; reduce heat. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 10 minutes. Serve with cheese.
Review This Recipe
This is a meal on its own with a few additions!
I've been making this soup for years and it's always a big hit in our family. My kids actually ask for it when the weather starts getting cold.
I've made it exactly by the recipe and it turns out just fine, no complaints. It's really good, just the way it is.
However, we did start playing around with it when we were missing ingredients and I think it's even better with the adjustments...
- We use 1/2-n-1/2 instead of milk. It gives it a creamier, richer taste without using the heavy cream (sooo much fat!) .
- We exchanged one can of soup for a can of tomato sauce. This gave the tomato flavor a big punch and made the soup a darker red color (the original recipe turns out sort of pinkish).
- We add more basil because we love the basil. Also, it takes more to really taste it. If you're using fresh, wait until the soup is done to add it, or it just cooks away.
Finally, we have used mini-ravioli's in here instead of tortellini, and they work just as well.
We had a loaf
Read More Reviews