Creamy Vegetable Lasagna is filled with colorful vegetables like red & green bell peppers and zucchini. This creamy, cheesy and easy-to-make lasagna is perfect any night of the week (and great the next day). It will soon become a family favorite.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 medium zucchini, cut lengthwise into quarters, then into 1/2-inch pieces
- 2 medium bell peppers (red, green or yellow), chopped into 1/2-inch pieces
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper, divided
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 cans (12 fl. oz. each) NESTLÉ® CARNATION® Evaporated Lowfat 2% Milk, divided
- 1 jar (26 oz.) prepared marinara sauce, divided
- 1 package (8 oz.) or 12 sheets no-boil lasagna noodles, divided
- 1 1/2 cups (6 oz.) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese, divided
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese (optional)
PREHEAT oven to 375°F. Grease 13 x 9-inch baking dish.
HEAT oil in large skillet over medium-high heat. Add zucchini and peppers; cook, stirring frequently, until soft, for about 8 minutes. Add garlic; cook for an additional 2 minutes. Season with 1/4 teaspoon each salt and pepper. Remove from heat.
MEANWHILE, WHISK together flour, 1/4 cup evaporated milk and remaining 1/4 teaspoon each of salt and black pepper in medium saucepan until smooth. Whisk in remaining evaporated milk. Heat over medium heat, stirring frequently, until mixture comes to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer for 3 minutes or until thickened. Stir 2 cups of milk mixture into cooked vegetables; reserve remaining milk mixture.
SPREAD 1/2 cup marinara sauce over bottom of the prepared baking dish. Top with 3 noodles. Top with half of the vegetable mixture. Top with 3 noodles. Spread 1 cup marinara sauce and sprinkle with 3/4 cup mozzarella cheese. Layer 3 noodles, remaining vegetables and remaining 3 noodles. Top with remaining marinara sauce, reserved milk mixture, remaining 3/4 cup mozzarella cheese and Parmesan cheese.
BAKE for 35 to 40 minutes until golden and bubbly on the edges. Let stand for 10 minutes before serving.
• For extra flavor, add a bay leaf to the white sauce while cooking.
Review This Recipe
This dish is great!! I made it for my clients-developmentally disabled- and they all have different tastes, likes and dislikes. Each one gobbled it up!!! The only addition I will say, is: pour some water right on top of your noodle layers or right over the top when you're done building. This will help the noodles bake. The bake time is also way under estimated, I nearly doubled it and covered it with foil to bake.
Read More Reviews