Creative Pan Cookies are a fun bar cookie that is a real crowd pleaser, too. This is one of our "desert-safe" recipes to send to your loved one overseas. This recipe has been tested in our kitchen and does meet Middle East guidelines, as well as U.S. Postal Service mailing regulations.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 1/4 cups granulated sugar
- 1 cup butter-flavored vegetable shortening
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 cups (12-oz. pkg.) NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Semi-Sweet Chocolate Morsels
- 2 1/4 cups quick oats, uncooked
- 1 cup chopped dried apple slices, or raisins
PREHEAT oven to 375º F.
COMBINE flour, baking soda, salt and cinnamon in small mixer bowl. Beat sugar and shortening in large mixer bowl until creamy. Beat in eggs. Gradually add flour mixture and water. Stir in morsels, oats and apples. Spread batter into ungreased 15 x 10-inch jelly-roll pan.
BAKE for 18 to 20 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool completely in pan on wire rack. Cut into bars.
Review This Recipe
I did not think that the combination of apples in this recipe would be good,but guess what! It is a delicious recipe and everyone should try for themselves.
Read More Reviews