Creepy Crawly Rice Pudding
Creepy Crawly Rice Pudding is a fun variation of classic rice pudding. Serve in "spooky" bowls and top with chopped candy bars or creepy confections.
Read more about this spooky recipe at the Nestlé Kitchens blog.
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 3/4 cup uncooked, medium-grain rice
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 cans (12 fluid ounces each) NESTLÉ® CARNATION® Evaporated Lowfat 2% Milk
- 6 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 large egg, beaten in small bowl
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Fun Size NESTLÉ CRUNCH, BUTTERFINGER and/or BABY RUTH Candy Bars, chopped (optional)
Directions, Reviews, Nutrition
ADD evaporated milk, sugar and cinnamon; stir well. Bring to a boil; reduce heat to medium-low. Cook, uncovered, stirring occasionally, for 25 minutes or until creamy. Stir a small portion of rice mixture into egg; add back to the rice mixture and mix well. Bring to a boil. Cook, stirring frequently, for 1 minute. Stir in vanilla extract.
TRANSFER pudding to spooky serving bowl or eight individual bowls. Cover with plastic wrap, pressing wrap onto the pudding (this will prevent a skin from forming). Serve warm or refrigerate for 2 hours or until cold. Top with chopped candy bars or creepy confections.
What did you think? Share Your Review »
Thank you for reviewing this recipe.
creepy crawly rice pudding
We have made this for years now as a breakfast meal in the winter. We boil with 3 cinn.sticks instead of the ground cinn. It's awesome
Serving Size: 1/8 of Recipe
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- Calories: 190
- Calories from Fat: 20
- Total Fat: 2g (3% of DV)
- Saturated Fat: 1.5g (9% of DV)
- Cholesterol: 40mg (14% of DV)
- Sodium: 260mg (11% of DV)
- Carbohydrates: 33g (11% of DV)
- Dietary Fiber: 0g (0% of DV)
- Sugars: 19g
- Protein: 8g
- Vitamin A: 6% of DV
- Vitamin C: 0% of DV
- Calcium: 25% of DV
- Iron: 6% of DV
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.