Creepy Crawly Rice Pudding is a fun variation of classic rice pudding. Serve in "spooky" bowls and top with chopped candy bars or creepy confections.
Read more about this spooky recipe at the Nestlé Kitchens blog.
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 3/4 cup uncooked, medium-grain rice
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 cans (12 fluid ounces each) NESTLÉ® CARNATION® Evaporated Lowfat 2% Milk
- 6 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 large egg, beaten in small bowl
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Fun Size NESTLÉ CRUNCH, BUTTERFINGER and/or BABY RUTH Candy Bars, chopped (optional)
COMBINE water, rice and salt in medium, heavy-duty saucepan; bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low; cover. Cook for 10 minutes or until most of liquid is absorbed.
ADD evaporated milk, sugar and cinnamon; stir well. Bring to a boil; reduce heat to medium-low. Cook, uncovered, stirring occasionally, for 25 minutes or until creamy. Stir a small portion of rice mixture into egg; add back to the rice mixture and mix well. Bring to a boil. Cook, stirring frequently, for 1 minute. Stir in vanilla extract.
TRANSFER pudding to spooky serving bowl or eight individual bowls. Cover with plastic wrap, pressing wrap onto the pudding (this will prevent a skin from forming). Serve warm or refrigerate for 2 hours or until cold. Top with chopped candy bars or creepy confections.
Review This Recipe
creepy crawly rice pudding
We have made this for years now as a breakfast meal in the winter. We boil with 3 cinn.sticks instead of the ground cinn. It's awesome
Read More Reviews