Buon appetito! Add a touch of elegance to any gathering with this tasty Crostini Aperitivo appetizer. Topped with prosciutto and a delicious goat cheese and pesto spread, you've never experienced Tuscany like this before.
- 1 (about 20 inches long) multi-grain baguette
- 1 clove garlic, peeled and halved crosswise
- 2 packages (about 5.3 ounces each) soft goat cheese
- 1 container BUITONI Refrigerated All Natural Pesto with Basil (7 oz.)
- 1 package (3 ounces) thinly sliced prosciutto, cut into strips
- Additional toppings: roasted and sliced bell peppers, roasted thin asparagus, shaved melon and/or chopped dates (optional)
PREHEAT broiler. Cut bread into 40 (1/2-inch-thick) diagonal slices. Place on baking sheet.
BROIL for 1 to 2 minutes on each side or until golden. Rub tops of bread slices with cut garlic halves. Discard garlic.
COMBINE cheese and pesto in small bowl; stir until combined. Spread about 2 teaspoons mixture over each toasted bread slice. Top evenly with prosciutto and any additional toppings.