Crowd Pleasing' Cheesy Sausage Ziti is a new twist on a classic favorite! Traditional mac & cheese becomes even more delicious with the addition of chicken sausage, ziti pasta and a crispy cheddar cracker topping. Introduce macaroni and cheese devotees to their new favorite pasta dish at your next neighborhood potluck!
- 1 box (16 oz. pkg.) dry ziti, cooked and drained
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large yellow onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 3 cans (12 fl. oz. each) NESTLÉ® CARNATION® Evaporated Milk
- 1 1/2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 4 cups (two 8-oz. pkgs.) shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 4 links (12 oz.) fully-cooked chicken sausage, cut lengthwise into quarters and into 1/4-inch slices
- 1/2 cup crumbled cheese snack crackers
PREHEAT oven to 375° F. Grease 13 x 9-inch baking dish.
HEAT oil in large saucepan over medium heat. Add onions; cook until softened. Whisk in flour; cook, stirring constantly, until mixture turns light brown, about 3 minutes. Gradually whisk in evaporated milk, garlic powder, salt and pepper; cook, stirring constantly, until sauce is thickened, about 5 minutes. Add 3 1/2 cups cheese; stir until melted. Add pasta and sausage; stir until thoroughly coated. Pour mixture into prepared baking dish. Sprinkle with crackers and remaining 1/2 cup cheese.
BAKE for 20 to 25 minutes or until bubbling around edges and golden brown.
Review This Recipe
Perfect quick meal!
I only had bulk sausage ,so I browned it and drained the grease and followed the recipe, perfect! Great taste! Husband loved it!
Read More Reviews