These salty and sweet Crunchy Monkey cookies add a unique spin to the favorite Nestlé® Toll House® Chocolate Chip Cookie we all know and love. Filled with banana chips, chopped peanuts and semi-sweet chocolate chunks, you can’t go wrong.
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter, softened
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 2 cups (5.5-oz. pkg.) dried banana chips, chopped
- 1 3/4 cups (11.5-oz. pkg.) NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chunks
- 3/4 cup chopped salted peanuts
PREHEAT oven to 375° F.
COMBINE flour, baking soda and salt in small bowl. Beat butter, granulated sugar, brown sugar and vanilla extract in large mixer bowl until creamy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Gradually beat in flour mixture. Stir in banana chips, chunks and peanuts. Drop by rounded tablespoon onto ungreased baking sheets.
BAKE for 9 to 11 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on baking sheets for 2 minutes; remove to wire racks to cool completely.
• Banana chips can be chopped using a food processor or by placing in a heavy-duty plastic food storage bag and pounding with a rolling pin.