This gourmet Crunchy Orange Chicken Salad has a sweet and creamy dressing and the crunchy flavors of almonds and celery. Great for summertime lunch party or just a light dinner.
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt (optional)
- 2/3 cup (5 fl.-oz. can) * NESTLÉ® CARNATION® Evaporated Milk
- 1/3 cup orange juice
- 1 large egg, well beaten
- 3 cups cooked, chopped, boneless, skinless chicken breast meat
- 3 stalks large celery, thinly sliced
- 3/4 cup sliced almonds, toasted
- 2 tablespoons sliced green onion
- 1 can (11 oz.) Mandarin oranges, drained
- 1/2 head lettuce leaves (optional)
COMBINE sugar, flour and salt in medium, heavy-duty saucepan; gradually stir in evaporated milk, orange juice and egg. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until dressing just comes to a boil and begins to thicken. Remove from heat. Cover; refrigerate until cool.
COMBINE chicken, celery, nuts, dressing and green onion in large bowl. Gently stir in oranges. Cover; refrigerate for 2 hours. Serve over lettuce.
* NOTE: For a lower-fat version of this recipe, substitute NESTLÉ CARNATION Evaporated Fat Free Milk for Evaporated Milk.
Review This Recipe
Crunchy Orange Chicken Salad
This was an easy dish to make.
Read More Reviews